Publications Citing the Use of Strex Cell Stretching Systems
Uniaxial and static stretch dependent-signal transduction
Pandey, D., Nomura, Y., Rossberg, M. C., Hori, D., Bhatta, A., Keceli, G., … & Romer, L.
Arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, and vascular biology, ATVBAHA-117.
Inhibitory effect of JAK inhibitor on mechanical stress-induced protease expression by human articular chondrocytes.
Machida, T., Nishida, K., Nasu, Y., Nakahara, R., Ozawa, M., Harada, R., … & Ozaki, T.
(2017) Inflammation Research, 1-11.
Real-time imaging of mechanically and chemically induced ATP release in human lung fibroblasts.
Takahashi, K., Ito, S., Furuya, K., Asano, S., Sokabe, M., & Hasegawa, Y.
(2017) Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology.
AB0072 Hyaluronan inhibition of mechanical stress-induced protease expressions by human chondrocytes.
M. Ozawa, K. Nishida, K. Hashizume, R. Nakahara, T. Saito, T. Kanazawa, R. Harada, T. Machida, T. Ozaki,
(2017). Abstracts accepted for publication: Cartilage, synovium and osteoimmunology
Evaluation of Precise Optimal Cyclic Strain for Tenogenic Differentiation of MSCs.
Morita, Y., Sato, T., Watanabe, S., & Ju, Y.
(2016). In Mechanics of Biological Systems and Materials, Volume 6 (pp. 149-155). Springer International Publishing.
Urothelial ATP exocytosis: regulation of bladder compliance in the urine storage phase.
Nakagomi, H., Yoshiyama, M., Mochizuki, T., Miyamoto, T., Komatsu, R., Imura, Y., … & Araki, I.
(2016). Scientific Reports, 6, 29761.
Bi-phasic activation of eNOS in response to uni-axial cyclic stretch is mediated by differential mechanisms in BAECs.
Takeda, H., Komori, K., Nishikimi, N., Nimura, Y., Sokabe, M., & Naruse, K.
(2006). Life sciences, 79(3), 233-239.
N-cadherin signals through Rac1 determine the localization of connexin 43 in cardiac myocytes.
Matsuda, T., Fujio, Y., Nariai, T., Ito, T., Yamane, M., Takatani, T., … & Azuma, J.
(2006). Journal of molecular and cellular cardiology, 40(4), 495-502
Stretch-induced cell proliferation is mediated by FAK-MAPK pathway.
Wang, J. G., Miyazu, M., Xiang, P., Li, S. N., Sokabe, M., & Naruse, K.
(2005). Life sciences, 76(24), 2817-2825.
Mechanotransduction by integrin is essential for IL-6 secretion from endothelial cells in response to uniaxial continuous stretch.
Sasamoto, A., Nagino, M., Kobayashi, S., Naruse, K., Nimura, Y., & Sokabe, M.
(2005). American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, 288(5), C1012-C1022.
Involvement of reactive oxygen species in cyclic stretch‐induced NF‐κB activation in human fibroblast cells.
Amma, H., Naruse, K., Ishiguro, N., & Sokabe, M.
(2005). British journal of pharmacology, 145(3), 364-373.
Characteristics of subepithelial fibroblasts as a mechano-sensor in the intestine: cell-shape-dependent ATP release and P2Y1 signaling.
Furuya, K., Sokabe, M., & Furuya, S.
(2005). Journal of cell science, 118(15), 3289-3304.
Uni-axial cyclic stretch induces the activation of transcription factor nuclear factor κB in human fibroblast cells.
Inoh, H., Ishiguro, N., Sawazaki, S. I., Amma, H., Miyazu, M., Iwata, H., … & Naruse, K.
(2002). The FASEB Journal, 16(3), 405-407.
Orientation change of cardiocytes induced by cyclic stretch stimulation: time dependency and involvement of protein kinases.
Kada, K., Yasui, K., Naruse, K., Kamiya, K., Kodama, I., & Toyama, J.
(1999). Journal of molecular and cellular cardiology, 31(1), 247-259.
Activation of pp60 (src) is critical for stretch-induced orienting response in fibroblasts.
Sai, X., Naruse, K., & Sokabe, M.
(1999). Journal of cell science, 112(9), 1365-1373.
Up-regulation of COX2 expression by uni-axial cyclic stretch in human lung fibroblast cells.
Kato, T., Ishiguro, N., Iwata, H., Kojima, T., Ito, T., & Naruse, K
(1998). Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 244(3), 615-619.
Pp125^ F^ A^ K is required for stretch dependent morphological response of endothelial cells.
Naruse, K., Yamada, T., Sai, X. R., Hamaguchi, M., & Sokabe, M.
(1998). Oncogene, 17(4), 455-463.
Matsuda, T., Takahashi, K., Nariai, T., Ito, T., Takatani, T., Fujio, Y., & Azuma, J.
(2004). Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 326(1), 228-232.
The oscillation of intracellular Ca 2+ influx associated with the circadian expression of Piezo1 and TRPV4 in the bladder urothelium.
Ihara, T., Mitsui, T., Nakamura, Y., Kanda, M., Tsuchiya, S., Kira, S., … & Shigetomi, E.
(2018) Scientific Reports, 8(1), 5699.
Leucine Supplementation After Mechanical Stimulation Activates Protein Synthesis via L‐type Amino Acid Transporter 1 In Vitro.
Nakai, N., Kawano, F., Murakami, T., Nakata, K., & Higashida, K.
(2017) Journal of Cellular Biochemistry.
P2Y 6-deficiency increases micturition frequency and attenuates sustained contractility of the urinary bladder in mice.
Kira, S., Yoshiyama, M., Tsuchiya, S., Shigetomi, E., Miyamoto, T., Nakagomi, H., … & Koizumi, S.,
(2017) Scientific Reports, 7(1), 771.
Roles of stretch-activated cation channel and Rho-kinase in the spontaneous contraction of airway smooth muscle.
Ito, S., Kume, H., Oguma, T., Ito, Y., Kondo, M., Shimokata, K., … & Naruse, K.
(2006). European journal of pharmacology, 552(1), 135-142.
Calcium regulates the PI3K-Akt pathway in stretched osteoblasts.
Danciu, T. E., Adam, R. M., Naruse, K., Freeman, M. R., & Hauschka, P. V.
(2003).FEBS letters, 536(1), 193-197.
Involvement of SA channels in orienting response of cultured endothelial cells to cyclic stretch.
Naruse, K., Yamada, T., & Sokabe, M.
(1998). American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology, 274(5), H1532-H1538.
SA channel mediates superoxide production in HUVECs.
Aikawa, K., Nishikimi, N., Sakurai, T., Nimura, Y., Sokabe, M., & Naruse, K.
(2001). Life sciences, 69(15), 1717-1724.
Zhu, X., Mills, K. L., Peters, P. R., Bahng, J. H., Liu, E. H., Shim, J., … & Takayama, S.
(2005). Nature materials, 4(5), 403-406.
Mechanotransduction: References and Review Articles
Takahashi, K., Ito, S., Furuya, K., Asano, S., Sokabe, M., & Hasegawa, Y.
(2017) Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology.
P2Y 6-deficiency increases micturition frequency and attenuates sustained contractility of the urinary bladder in mice.
Kira, S., Yoshiyama, M., Tsuchiya, S., Shigetomi, E., Miyamoto, T., Nakagomi, H., … & Koizumi, S.,
(2017) Scientific Reports, 7(1), 771.
Mechanotransduction research driving soft lithography. Naruse, K. (2006). Protein, Nucleic Acid and Enzyme, 51, 705-714
Activation of a mechanosensitive BK channel by membrane stress created with amphipaths. Qi, Z., Chi, S., Su, X., Naruse, K., & Sokabe, M. (2005). Molecular membrane biology, 22(6), 519-527.
Soft lithography and mechanobiology. Naruse, K.
(2004). Vascular Biology & Medicine, 5,237-244
Molecular identification of a eukaryotic, stretch-activated nonselective cation channel. Kanzaki, M., Nagasawa, M., Kojima, I., Sato, C., Naruse, K., Sokabe, M., & Iida, H. (1999). Science, 285(5429), 882-886.
The oscillation of intracellular Ca 2+ influx associated with the circadian expression of Piezo1 and TRPV4 in the bladder urothelium. Ihara, T., Mitsui, T., Nakamura, Y., Kanda, M., Tsuchiya, S., Kira, S., … & Shigetomi, E. in Scientific Reports, 8(1), 5699.
Hypoxia Triggers SENP1 (Sentrin-Specific Protease 1) Modulation of KLF15 (Kruppel-Like Factor 15) and Transcriptional Regulation of Arg2 (Arginase 2) in Pulmonary Endothelium. Pandey, D., Nomura, Y., Rossberg, M. C., Hori, D., Bhatta, A., Keceli, G., … & Romer, L. in Arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, and vascular biology, ATVBAHA-117.
Leucine Supplementation After Mechanical Stimulation Activates Protein Synthesis via L‐type Amino Acid Transporter 1 In Vitro. Nakai, N., Kawano, F., Murakami, T., Nakata, K., & Higashida, K. in Journal of Cellular Biochemistry.
Inhibitory effect of JAK inhibitor on mechanical stress-induced protease expression by human articular chondrocytes. Machida, T., Nishida, K., Nasu, Y., Nakahara, R., Ozawa, M., Harada, R., … & Ozaki, T. in Inflammation Research, 1-11.
- Real-time imaging of mechanically and chemically induced ATP release in human lung fibroblasts. Takahashi, K., Ito, S., Furuya, K., Asano, S., Sokabe, M., & Hasegawa, Y. in Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology.
- P2Y 6-deficiency increases micturition frequency and attenuates sustained contractility of the urinary bladder in mice. Kira, S., Yoshiyama, M., Tsuchiya, S., Shigetomi, E., Miyamoto, T., Nakagomi, H., … & Koizumi, S., in Scientific Reports, 7(1), 771.
- AB0072 Hyaluronan inhibition of mechanical stress-induced protease expressions by human chondrocytes. M. Ozawa, K. Nishida, K. Hashizume, R. Nakahara, T. Saito, T. Kanazawa, R. Harada, T. Machida, T. Ozaki, Abstracts accepted for publication: Cartilage, synovium and osteoimmunology
- Endothelial cell‐derived endothelin‐1 is involved in abnormal scar formation by dermal fibroblasts through RhoA/Rho‐kinase pathway. Kiya, K., Kubo, T., Kawai, K., Matsuzaki, S., Muramatsu, R., Maeda, D., … & Amano, G. In Experimental Dermatology.
- Intravital imaging of mouse urothelium reveals activation of extracellular signal‐regulated kinase by stretch‐induced intravesical release of ATP. Sano, T., Kobayashi, T., Negoro, H., Sengiku, A., Hiratsuka, T., Kamioka, Y., … & Matsuda, M. In Physiological Reports, 4(21), e13033.
- An Analysis of Pathological Activities of CCN Proteins in Joint Disorders: Mechanical Stretch-Mediated CCN2 Expression in Cultured Meniscus Cells. Furumatsu, T., & Ozaki, T. In CCN Proteins: Methods and Protocols, 533-542.
- In Vitro Experimental Study for the Determination of Cellular Characteristics of Mesenchymal Stem Cells Using a Non-uniform Deformation Field Morita, Y., Sato, T., Watanabe, S., & Ju, Y. (2016). In Experimental and Applied Mechanics, Volume 4 (pp. 131-137). Springer International Publishing.
- Evaluation of Precise Optimal Cyclic Strain for Tenogenic Differentiation of MSCs Morita, Y., Sato, T., Watanabe, S., & Ju, Y. In Mechanics of Biological Systems and Materials, Volume 6 (pp. 149-155). Springer International Publishing.
- APPL1 promotes glucose uptake in response to mechanical stretch via the PKCζ-non-muscle myosin IIa pathway in C2C12 myotubes Saito, T., Okada, S., Shimoda, Y., Tagaya, Y., Osaki, A., Yamada, E., … & Mori, M. Cellular Signalling, 28(11), 1694-1702.
- Standardized Scalp Massage Results in Increased Hair Thickness by Inducing Stretching Forces to Dermal Papilla Cells in the Subcutaneous Tissue Koyama, T., Kobayashi, K., Hama, T., Murakami, K., & Ogawa, R. Eplasty, 16..
- Urothelial ATP exocytosis: regulation of bladder compliance in the urine storage phase Nakagomi, H., Yoshiyama, M., Mochizuki, T., Miyamoto, T., Komatsu, R., Imura, Y., … & Araki, I. Scientific Reports, 6, 29761.
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4-dependent calcium influx and ATP release in mouse and rat gastric epithelia Mihara, H., Suzuki, N., Boudaka, A. A., Muhammad, J. S., Tominaga, M., Tabuchi, Y., & Sugiyama, T. World Journal of Gastroenterology, 22(24), 5512.
- Mechanical Actuation Systems for the Phenotype Commitment of Stem Cell-Based Tendon and Ligament Tissue Substitutes Govoni, M., Muscari, C., Lovecchio, J., Guarnieri, C., & Giordano, E. Stem Cell Reviews and Reports, 12(2), 189-201.
- Uni-axial stretch induces actin stress fiber reorganization and activates c-Jun NH2 terminal kinase via RhoA and Rho kinase in human bladder smooth muscle cells Kushida, N., Yamaguchi, O., Kawashima, Y., Akaihata, H., Hata, J., Ishibashi, K., … & Kojima, Y. BMC urology, 16(1), 1.
- In situ time-series monitoring of collagen fibers produced by standing-cultured osteoblasts using a second-harmonic-generation microscope Hase, E., Matsubara, O., Minamikawa, T., Sato, K., & Yasui, T. (2016). Applied optics, 55(12), 3261-3267.
- A-Raf and C-Raf differentially regulate mechanobiological response of osteoblasts to guide mechanical stress-induced differentiation Zhang, Q., Matsui, H., Horiuchi, H., Liang, X., & Sasaki, K. Biochemical and biophysical research communications.
- Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase-2 Suppresses Collagen Synthesis in Cultured Keloid Fibroblasts Dohi T, Miyake K, Aoki M, et al. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open. 2015;3(9):e520. doi:10.1097/GOX.0000000000000503.
“Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factors involved in cyclic‐stretch‐induced reorientation of vascular endothelial cells. Abiko, Hiyori, et al. Journal of cell science 128.9 (2015): 1683-1695.
“Wnt5a Induces Collagen Production by Human Periodontal Ligament Cells through TGFβ1‐mediated Upregulation of Periostin Expression.” Hasegawa, Daigaku, et al. Journal of cellular physiology (2015).
“Hyaluronan suppresses mechanical stress-induced expression of catabolic enzymes by human chondrocytes via inhibition of IL-1β production and subsequent NF-κB activation.” Ozawa, Masatsugu, et al. Inflammation Research 64.3-4 (2015): 243-252.
p21 deficiency is susceptible to osteoarthritis through STAT3 phosphorylation. Hayashi, Shinya, et al. Arthritis research & therapy 17.1 (2015): 1-11.
Determination of Precise Optimal Cyclic Strain for Tenogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells Using a Non-uniform Deformation Field. Morita, Y., et al. Experimental Mechanics 55.3 (2015): 635-640.
“Force Dependent Biotinylation of Myosin IIA by α-Catenin Tagged with a Promiscuous Biotin Ligase. “Ueda, Shuji, et al. PloS one 10.3 (2015).
- “Biomechanical strain induces elastin and collagen production in human pluripotent stem cell-derived vascular smooth muscle cells. ” Wanjare, Maureen, Nayan Agarwal, and Sharon Gerecht. American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology 309.4 (2015): C271-C281.
- “Mechanical stretch activates mammalian target of rapamycin and AMP-activated protein kinase pathways in skeletal muscle cells. “Nakai, Naoya, Fuminori Kawano, and Ken Nakata. Molecular and cellular biochemistry (2015): 1-8.
- Mechanical stretch activates mammalian target of rapamycin and AMP-activated protein kinase pathways in skeletal muscle cells. Nakai, Naoya, Fuminori Kawano, and Ken Nakata. Molecular and cellular biochemistry (2015): 1-8.
Effect of CTGF/CCN2 on osteo/cementoblastic and fibroblastic differentiation of a human periodontal ligament stem/progenitor cell line. Yuda, Asuka, et al. Journal of cellular physiology 230.1 (2015): 150-159.
The proliferation and tenogenic differentiation potential of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cell are influenced by specific uniaxial cyclic tensile loading conditions. Nam, Hui Yin, et al. Biomechanics and modeling in mechanobiology 14.3 (2015): 649-663.
Hypertrophic scar contracture is mediated by the TRPC3 mechanical force transducer via NFkB activation. Ishise, Hisako, et al. Scientific reports 5 (2015).
Mechanical Stretch on Human Skin Equivalents Increases the Epidermal Thickness and Develops the Basement Membrane. Tokuyama, Eijiro, et al. PloS one 10.11 (2015): e0141989.
“Possible effect of lysophosphatidic acid on cell proliferation and involvement of lysophosphatidic acid and lysophosphatidic acid receptors in mechanical stretch‐induced mitogen‐activated protein kinase. “Kawashima, Yohei, et al. International Journal of Urology 22.8 (2015): 778-784.
- Angiopoietin-Like Protein 2 Induced by Mechanical Stress Accelerates Degeneration and Hypertrophy of the Ligamentum Flavum in Lumbar Spinal Canal Stenosis Takayuki Nakamura, et al. PLOS: January 17, 2014
Functional role for Piezo1 in stretch-evoked Ca2+ influx and ATP release in urothelial cell cultures. Miyamoto, Tatsuya, et al. Journal of Biological Chemistry 289.23 (2014): 16565-16575.
Mechanical forces induce odontoblastic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells on three‐dimensional biomimetic scaffolds. Miyashita, Shunro, et al. Journal of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine (2014).
Real-time luminescence imaging of cellular ATP release. Furuya, Kishio, Masahiro Sokabe, and Ryszard Grygorczyk. Methods 66.2 (2014): 330-344.
Ca 2+ influx and ATP release mediated by mechanical stretch in human lung fibroblasts. Murata, Naohiko, et al. Biochemical and biophysical research communications 453.1 (2014): 101-105.
Real-time imaging of ATP release induced by mechanical stretch in human airway smooth muscle cells. Takahara, Norihiro, et al. American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology 51.6 (2014): 772-782.
Determination of tenogenic differentiation in human mesenchymal stem cells by terahertz waves for measurement of the optical property of cellular suspensions. Morita, Yasuyuki, et al. Measurement Science and Technology 25.6 (2014): 065703.
Mechanosensitive ATP release from hemichannels and Ca2+ influx through TRPC6 accelerate wound closure in keratinocytes. Takada, Hiroya, Kishio Furuya, and Masahiro Sokabe. Journal of cell science 127.19 (2014): 4159-4171.
Differences between protein expression and extracellular matrix state on uniaxial stretching for tenogenic differentiation. Morita, Yasuyuki, et al. Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology 14.02 (2014): 1450025.
Force-dependent vinculin binding to talin in live cells: a crucial step in anchoring the actin cytoskeleton to focal adhesions. Hirata, Hiroaki, et al. American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology 306.6 (2014): C607-C620.
- The expression of Fn14 via mechanical stress–activated JNK contributes to apoptosis induction in osteoblasts Hiroyuki Matsui, Naoto Fukuno, Yoshiaki Kanda, Yusuke Kantoh, Toko Chida,Yuko Nagaura, Osamu Suzuki, Hideki Nishitoh, Kohsuke Takeda, Hidenori Ichijo, Yasuhiro,Sawada, Keiichi Sasaki, Takayasu Kobayashi, and Shinri Tamura J. Biol. Chem. published online January 20, 2014
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors suppress mechanical stress-induced expression of RUNX-2 and ADAMTS-5 through the inhibition of the MAPK signaling pathway in cultured human chondrocytes T Saito, K Nishida, T Furumatsu, A Yoshida, M Ozawa, T Ozaki “Osteoarthritis and Cartilage Volume 21, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 165–174”
- Continuous cyclic stretch induces osteoblast alignment and formation of anisotropic collagen fiber matrix Aira Matsugaki, Natsuko Fujiwara, Takayoshi Nakano Acta Biomaterialia Available online 20 March 2013 Pages 7227–7235
- Mechanical Stretch Increases the Proliferation While Inhibiting the Osteogenic Differentiation in Dental Pulp Stem Cells Masaki Hata, Keiko Naruse, Shogo Ozawa, Yasuko Kobayashi, Nobuhisa Nakamura, Norinaga Kojima, Maiko Omi, Yuki Katanosaka, Toru Nishikawa, Keiji Naruse, Yoshinobu Tanaka and Tatsuaki Matsubara Tissue Engineering Part A: Vol. 19 Issue 5-6: February 1, 2013
- Nicotine reduced MMP-9 expression in the primary porcine tenocytes exposed to cyclic stretch Taku Hatta, Hirotaka Sano,Naoya Sakamoto, Koshi N. Kishimoto, Masaaki Sato, Eiji Itoi Journal of Orthopaedic Research Volume 31, Issue 4, pages 645–650, April 2013
- Imaging and characterization of stretch-induced ATP release from alveolar A549 cells Ryszard Grygorczyk, Kishio Furuya, Masahiro Sokabe The Journal of Physiology Volume 591,Issue 5,Pages 1195-1215,March 2013
- Hyperocclusion Up-regulates CCL3 Expression in CCL2- and CCR2-deficient Mice T Tsutumi, H kajiya, K T Goto, Y Takahashi, K Okabe JDR January 2013 vol. 92 No. 1 65-70
- Probing the microenvironmental conditions for induction of superficial zone protein expression R Mhanna, E Öztürk, P Schlink, M Zenobi-Wong Osteoarthritis and Cartilage Volume 21, Issue 12, December 2013, Pages 1924–1932
- In Vitro Experimental Study for the Determination of Cellular Axial Strain Threshold and Preferential Axial Strain from Cell Orientation Behavior in a Non-uniform Deformation Field Yasuyuki Morita, Sachi Watanabe,Yang Ju, Shuhei Yamamoto “Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics December 2013, Volume 67, Issue 3, pp 1249-1259 “
- Mechanical stretch enhances COL2A1 expression on chromatin by inducing SOX9 nuclear translocalization in inner meniscus cells Tomoko Kanazawa, Takayuki Furumatsu, Motomi Hachioji, Toshitaka Oohashi, Yoshifumi Ninomiya, Toshifumi Ozaki “Journal of Orthopaedic Research Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 468–474, March 2012 “
- RhoA/ROCK, cytoskeletal dynamics and focal adhesion kinase are required for mechanical stretch-induced tenogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells Baiyao Xu, Guanbin Song, Yang Ju, Xian Li, Yuanhui Song, Sachi Watanabe “Journal of Cellular Physiology Volume 227, Issue 6, pages 2722–2729, June 2012 “
- “The mechanical stimulation of cells in 3D culture within a self-assembling peptide hydrogel” Yusuke Nagai, Hidenori Yokoi , Keiko Kaihara, Keiji Naruse Biomaterials Volume 33, Issue 4, February 2012, Pages 1044–1051
- FAK-ERK1/2 signaling Pathway is Necessary for Proliferation of Rat Bone-marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells Induced by Cyclic Stretching Lin Yuan,Qing Luo,Li Yang,Guan-Bin Song Articles in Press, J. Med. Biol. Eng. (February 23, 2012)
- Live free or die: Stretch-induced apoptosis occurs when adaptive reorientation of annulus fibrosus cells is restricted Rosalyn D. Abbotta, , Alan K. Howeb, Helene M. Langevinc, James C. Iatridis “Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 421, Issue 2, 4 May 2012, Pages 361–366”
- Dynamic Changes of Traction Force at Focal Adhesions during Macroscopic Cell Stretching Using an Elastic Micropillar Substrate: Tensional Homeostasis of Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells Kazuaki Nagayama, Akifumi Adachi and Takeo Matsumoto Journal of Biomechanical Science and Engineering Vol.7,No.2,2012
- Mechanical stretch increases Smad3-dependent CCN2 expression in inner meniscus cells Takayuki Furumatsu, Tomoko Kanazawa, Yoshiaki Miyake, Satoshi Kubota, MasaharuTakigawa, Toshifumi Ozaki Journal of Orthopaedic Research Volume 30, Issue 11, pages 1738–1745, November 2012
- Mechanical stretch increases CCN2/CTGF expression in anterior cruciate ligament-derived cells. Miyake, Yoshiaki, et al.Biochemical and biophysical research communications 409.2 (2011): 247-252.
- Dependence of cyclic stretch-induced stress fiber reorientation on stretch waveform Abhishek Tondon, Hui-Ju Hsu, Roland Kaunas “Journal of Biomechanics Volume 45, Issue 5, 15 March 2012, Pages 728–735”
- Role of nesprin-1 in nuclear deformation in endothelial cells under static and uniaxial stretching conditions Toshiro Annoa, Naoya Sakamotob,Masaaki Satoa Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 424, Issue 1, 20 July 2012, Pages 94–99
- Latent Transforming Growth Factor-β Binding Protein 2 Negatively Regulates Coalescence of Oxytalan Fibers Induced by Stretching Stress Eichi Tsuruga, Kyoko Oka, Yuji Hatakeyama, Keitaro Isokawa, Yoshihiko Sawa ” Connective Tissue Research 2012, Vol. 53, No. 6 , Pages 521-527″
- Role of paxillin in the early phase of orientation of the vascular endothelial cells exposed to cyclic stretching Wenjing Huang, Naoya Sakamoto, Ryotaro Miyazawa, Masaaki Sato Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 418, Issue 4, 24 February 2012, Pages 708–713
- Strain waveform dependence of stress fiber reorientation in cyclically stretched osteoblastic cells: Effects of viscoelastic compression of stress fibers Kazuaki Nagayama,Yuki Kimura, Narutaka Makino, and Takeo Matsumoto American Journal of Physiology – Cell Physiology Published 22 February 2012
- “Stretch of Atrial Myocytes Stimulates Recruitment of Macrophages via ATP Released Through Gap-Junction Channels” Sakiko Oishi, Tetsuo Sasano, Yumiko Tateishi, Noriko Tamura, Mitsuaki Isobe,and Tetsushi Furukawa Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 120, 296 – 304 (2012)
- Role of FAK-ERK1/2 Signaling Pathway in Proliferation of Rat Bone-marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells Stimulated by Cyclic Stretching Lin Yuan, Qing Luo, Li Yang, Guan-Bin Song Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering, 33(2): 229-238 17 Feb 2012;
- Heartbeat regulates cardiogenesis by suppressing retinoic acid signaling via expression of miR-143 Kota Y. Miyasaka, Yasuyuki S. Kida, Toshihiro Banjo, Yosuke Ueki, Kazuaki Nagayama, Takeo Matsumoto, Masaaki Sato and Toshihiko Ogura Mechanisms of Development Volume 128, Issues 1–2, January–February 2011, Pages 18–28
- Akt-mediated mechanotransduction in murine fibroblasts during hypertrophic scar formation Josemaria Paterno, Ivan N. Vial , Victor W. Wong , Kristine C. Rustad, Michael Sorkin, Yubin Shi, Kirit A. Bhatt, Hariharan Thangarajah, Jason P. Glotzbach, Geoffrey C. Gurtner “Wound Repair and Regeneration Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 49–58, January/February 2011”
- Effect of Focal Adhesion Kinase on the Regulation of Realignment and Tenogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Mechanical Stretch Baiyao Xu,Guanbin Song,and Yang Ju Connective Tissue Research October 2011, Vol. 52, No. 5 , Pages 373-379
- Cyclic stretch induces upregulation of endothelin-1 with keratinocytes in vitro: Possible role in mechanical stress-induced hyperpigmentation Masakazu Kurita, Mutsumi Okazaki, Takashi Fujino, Akihiko Takushima, Kiyonori Harii Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 409, Issue 1, 27 May 2011, Pages 103–107
- Regulation of mechanical stress-induced MMP-13 and ADAMTS-5 expression by RUNX-2 transcriptional factor in SW1353 chondrocyte-like cells T Tetsunaga, K Nishida, T Furumatsu K Naruse, S Hirohata, A Yoshida, T Saito, T Ozaki “Osteoarthritis and Cartilage Volume 19, Issue 2, February 2011, Pages 222–232 “
- “Gene Regulation of Extracellular Matrix Remodeling in Human Bone Marrow Stem Cell-Seeded Tissue-Engineered Grafts” Sirisha Emani, John E. Mayer Jr.Sitaram M. Emani Tissue Engineering Part A. Vol. 17 Issue 19-20: September 22, 2011
- Essential Role For Microtubule Dynamics In Cyclic Stretch-Induced Cell Alignment In Human Airway Smooth Muscle Cells Satoru Ito, Harikrishnan Parameswaran, Masataka Morioka, Keiji Naruse, Masashi Kondo, Masahiro Sokabe, Bela Suki, and Yoshinori Hasegawa ATSJ ajrccm-conference.2011.183.1_MeetingAbstracts.A3617
- Stretch stimuli increase fibulin-5/EMILIN-1 complex on oxytalan fibers in human periodontal ligament cells Kazuki Nakashimaa, Eichi Tsurugab, Yuka Nakatomia, Yoshinori Yamauchia, Yuichiro Hataa, Sachio Tamaokia, Yoshihiko Sawab and Hiroyuki Ishikawa “Orthodontic Waves Volume 70, Issue 1, March 2011, Pages 15-20 “
- The Roles of Angiotensin II in Stretched Periodontal Ligament Cells S Monnouchi, H Maeda, S Fujii, A Tomokiyo, K Kono, A akamine Journal of Dental Research February 2011 Vol. 90 No.2 181-185
- TGF-β-activated kinase 1 mediates mechanical stress-induced IL-6 expression in osteoblasts Naoto Fukuno, Hiroyuki Matsui, Yoshiaki Kanda, Osamu Suzuki, Kunihiro Matsumoto, Keiichi Sasaki, Takayasu Kobayashi and Shinri Tamura “Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 408, Issue 2, 6 May 2011, Pages 202-207 “
- Hyperocclusion Stimulates Osteoclastogenesis via CCL2 Expression K T Goto, H Kajiya, T Nemoto, T Tsutsumi, T Tsuzuki, H Sato, K Okabe Journal of Dental Research June 2011Vol. 90 No. 6 793-798
- Role of Intercellular Junctions in Redistribution of Focal Adhesions and Orientation of Vascular Endothelial Cells Exposed to Cyclic Stretching Wenjing Huang, Naoya Sakamoto, Kazuhiko Hanamura, Ryotaro Miyazawa and Masaaki Sato “Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering September 2011, Volume 4, Issue 3, pp 368-378 “
- Cyclic stretch stimulates vascular smooth muscle cell alignment by redox-dependent activation of Notch3 Jian-Hong Zhu, Chun-Lin Chen, Sheila Flavahan, Jennifer Harr, Baogen Su, and Nicholas A. Flavahan American Journal of Physiology Heart and Circulatory PhysiologyPublished 1 May 2011Vol. 300 No. H1770-H1780
- Mechanosensitive EPLIN-dependent remodeling of adherens junctions regulates epithelial reshaping Katsutoshi Taguchi, Takashi Ishiuchi, and Masatoshi Takeichi The Journal of Cell Biology August 15, 2011Vol. 194 No. 4 643-656
- Hic-5 deficiency enhances mechanosensitive apoptosis and modulates vascular remodeling Joo-ri Kim-Kaneyamaa, Naoki Takeda, Asami Sasai, Akira Miyazaki, Masataka Sata, Takahiro Hirabayashi, Motoko Shibanuma, f, Gen Yamada, Kiyoshi Nose “Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology Volume 50, Issue 1, January 2011, Pages 77-86 “
- Microtubule Dynamics Regulate Cyclic Stretch-Induced Cell Alignment in Human Airway Smooth Muscle Cells Masataka Morioka, Harikrishnan Parameswaran, Keiji Naruse, Masashi Kondo, Masahiro Sokabe, Yoshinori Hasegawa, Béla Suki, Satoru Ito PLOS October 17, 2011
- Mechanical stretch increases CCN2/CTGF expression in anterior cruciate ligament-derived cells Yoshiaki Miyakea, Takayuki Furumatsu, Satoshi Kubota, Kazumi Kawata, Toshifumi Ozaki, Masaharu Takigawa Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 409, Issue 2, 3 June 2011, Pages 247–252
- The Effects of Mechanical Stress on the Growth, Differentiation, and Paracrine Factor Production of Cardiac Stem Cells Hiroshi Kurazumi, Masayuki Kubo, Mako Ohshima, Yumi Yamamoto, Yoshihiro Takemoto, Ryo Suzuki, Shigeru Ikenaga, Akihito Mikamo, Koichi Udo, Kimikazu Hamano, Tao-Sheng Li PLOS December 28, 2011
- Combined stimulation with cyclic stretching and hypoxia increases production of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and cytokines by macrophages Koki Otya, Naoya Sakamoto,Toshiro Ohashi,Masaaki Sato Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 412,Issue 4,9 September2011,Pagese 678-682
- Heterogeneous response of traction force at focal adhesions of vascular smooth muscle cells subjected to macroscopic stretch on a micropillar substrate kazuaki Nagayama, Akifumi Adachi,Takeo Matsumoto Journal of Biomechanics Volume44,Issue 15,13 October 2011,Pages 2699-2705
- Role of heme oxygenase-1 in inflammatory response induced by mechanical stretch in synovial cells Masanobu Takao, Toshinori Okinaga, Wataru Ariyoshi, Kenjiro Iwanaga, Ikuo Nakamichi, Izumi Yoshioka, Kazuhiro Tominaga and Tatsuji Nishihara Inflammation Research September 2011, Vol. 60, Issue 9, pp 861-867
- “Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4)-dependent calcium influx and ATP release in mouse oesophageal keratinocytes” Hiroshi Mihara, Ammar Boudaka, Toshiro Sugiyama, Yoshinori Moriyama, Makoto Tominaga “The Journal of Physiology Vol.589, Issue 14, pages 3471–3482, July 2011 “
- Angiotensin II induces microtubule reorganization mediated by a deacetylase SIRT2 in endothelial cells Aiko Hashimoto-Komatsu, Tetsuaki Hirase, Machiko Asaka and Koichi Node Hypertension Research 2011, 34,949-956, 16 June 2011
- Caveolae respond to cell stretch and contribute to stretch-induced signaling Othon L. Gervásio, William D. Phillips, Louise Cole and David G. Allen Journal of Cell Science 124, 3581–3590 June 2011
- Mechanical loading increased BMP-2 expression which promoted osteogenic differentiation of tendon-derived stem cells Yun Feng Rui,Pauline Po Yee Lui,Ming Ni,Lai Shan Chan,Yuk Wa Lee,Kai Ming Chan Journal of Orthopaedic Research Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 390–396, March 2011
- The kinase Pyk2 is involved in renal fibrosis by means of mechanical stretch–induced growth factor expression in renal tubules Kazuhiro Sonomura, Mitsuhiko Okigaki, Taikou Kimura, Eiko Matsuoka, Yayoi Shiotsu, Takaomi Adachi, Hiroshi Kado, Ryo Ishida, Tetsuro Kusaba, Hiroaki Matsubara and Yasukiyo Mori Kidney International (2012) 81, 449–457 published online 7 December 2011
- Stretch-Induced Stress Fiber Remodeling and the Activations of JNK and ERK Depend on Mechanical Strain Rate, but Not FAK Hui-Ju Hsu, Chin-Fu Lee, Andrea Locke, Susan Q. Vanderzyl, Roland Kaunas POLS August 30 2010
- Intracellular Memory of Stress Fiber Orientation: Focal Adhesions Store It and Microtubules Erase It During Disassembly–Reassembly Process of Stress Fibers Y. F. Yang, K. Nagayama and T. Matsumoto “World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, September 7 – 12, 2009, Munich, Germany IFMBE Proceedings, 2010, Vol 25/4, 649-650 “
- Actin Cytoskeleton Regulates Mechanical Stretch－Activated Ca2+ Influx in Human Lung Microvascular Endothelial Cells. S Ito, H Kume, M Iwaki, M Ishii, Y Numaguchi, M Kondo, S Iwata, K Imaizumi, M Sokabe and Y Hasegawa Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010 July; 43(1): 26–34.
- TRPV2 Enhances Axon Outgrowth through Its Activation by Membrane Stretch in Developing Sensory and Motor Neurons Koji Shibasaki, Namie Murayama, Katsuhiko Ono, Yasuki Ishizaki, and Makoto Tominaga The Journal of Neuroscience, March 31, 2010 • 30(13):4601– 4612 • 4601
- Mechanical Stretch Enhances IL-8 Production Via P38 Activation In Human Pulmonary Microvascular Endothelial Cells Satoru Ito, Mai Iwaki, Masataka Morioka, Masashi Kondo, Hiromichi Aso, Masahiro Sokabe, and Yoshinori Hasegawa Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2010 A2658
- Mechanical Stretch Activates Signaling Events for Protein Translation Initiation and Elongation in C2C12 Myoblasts Naoya Nakai, Fuminori Kawano, Yoshihiko Oke, Sachiko Nomura, Takashi Ohira, Ryo Fujita ,and Yoshinobu Ohira Molecules and Cells December 2010, Volume 30, Issue 6, pp 513-518
- ERK1/2 Mediates Mechanical Stretch-Induced Proliferation of Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Guanbin Song, Lin Yuan, Qing Luo, Yisong Shi, Li Yang and Yang Ju 6th World Congress of Biomechanics (WCB 2010). August 1-6, 2010 Singapore IFMBE Proceedings Volume 31,2010,pp 1125-1128
- Distinct mechanosensitive Ca2+ influx mechanisms in human primary synovial fibroblasts Yuko Sakamoto, Muneaki Ishijima, Haruka Kaneko, Nagomi Kurebayashi, Naoki Ichikawa, Ippei Futami, Hisashi Kurosawa, Eri Arikawa-Hirasawa “Journal of Orthopaedic Research Volume 28, Issue 7, pages 859–864, July 2010”
- High-glucose condition reduces cardioprotective effects of insulin against mechanical stress-induced cell injury Yasushi Teshimaa,Naohiko Takahashia, Luong Cong Thuca, Satoru Nishioa, Yasuko Nagano-Torigoea, Hiroko Miyazakia, Kaori Ezakia, Kunio Yufua, Masahide Harab, Mikiko Nakagawaa and Tetsunori Saikawa “Life Sciences Volume 87, Issues 5-6, 31 July 2010, Pages 154-161”
- Phosphorylation of TRPC6 Channels at Thr69 Is Required for Anti-hypertrophic Effects of Phosphodiesterase 5 Inhibition Motohiro Nishida, Kenta Watanabe, Yoji Sato, Michio Nakaya, Naoyuki Kitajima, Tomomi Ide, Ryuji Inoue and Hitoshi Kurose The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 285, 13244-13253. April 23,2010
- TRPCチャネルのリン酸化による心血管機能制御 西田基宏、斎木翔太、北島直幸、仲矢道雄、佐藤陽治、黒瀬等 YAKUGAKU ZASSHI 130(11)1427-1433(2110) 2010 The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan
- Differential induction of collagens by mechanical stress in human periodontal ligament cells Tetsuomi Nemoto,Hiroshi kajiya,Takasaki Tsuzuki,Yutaka Takahashi,Koji Okabe Archives of Oral Biology Volume 55,Issue 12,December 2010,Pages 981-987
- “The TRPV4 Cation Channel Mediates Stretch-evoked Ca2 Influx and ATP Release in Primary Urothelial Cell Cultures(No.91と同じ）” Tsutomu Mochizuk, Takaaki Sokabe, Isao Araki, Kayoko Fujishita , Koji Shibasaki, Kunitoshi Uchida, Keiji Naruse, Schuichi Koizumi , Masayuki Takeda, and Makoto Tominaga” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 284, No. 32, pp. 21257–21264, August 7, 2009
- Mechanical stretch enhances IL-8 production in pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells. Iwaki, Mai, et al. Biochemical and biophysical research communications 389.3 (2009): 531-536.
- Stretching modulates oxytalan fibers in human periodontal ligament cells Tsuruga E, Nakashima K, Ishikawa H, Yajima T, Sawa Y. Journal of Periodontal Research Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 170–174, April 2009
- Stretching stimulates fibulin-5 expression and controls microfibril bundles in human periodontal ligament cells Nakashima K, Tsuruga E, Hisanaga Y, Ishikawa H, Sawa Y. Journal of Periodontal Research Volume 44, Issue 5, pages 622–627, October 2009
Temporal effects of cyclic stretching on distribution and gene expression of integrin and cytoskeleton by ligament fibroblasts in vitro. Kaneko, Daiki, et al. Connective tissue research 50.4 (2009): 263-269.
- Application of Mechanical Strain to Chondrocytes in 3D Culture “Marcy Zenobi-Wong, Alfredo Franco-Obregon and Janos Vörös” June 20, 2009
- Temporal Effects of Cyclic Stretching on Distribution and Gene Expression of Integrin and Cytoskeleton by Ligament Fibroblasts In Vitro Daiki Kaneko,Yoshihiro Sasazaki,Toshiyuki Kikuchi,Takeshi Ono,Kohichi Nemoto,Hideo Matsumoto,Yoshiaki Toyama Connective Tissue Research 2009,Vol.50,No.4,Pages 263-269
- Mechanical stress induces the activation of TAK1 and its downstream pathways in pre-osteoblastic cells Fukuno N, Matsui H, Suzuki O, Sasaki K, Kobayashi T, Tamura, S Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science, 2009. MHS 2009. International Symposium on 9-11 Nov. 2009 pages 383-384
- Mechanical stress modulates bone remodeling signals Hiroyuki Matsui, Naoto Fukuno, Osamu Suzuki, Kohsuke Takeda, Hidenori Ichijo, Takayasu Kobayashi, Shinri Tamura and Keiichi Sasaki “Interface Oral Health Science 2009 2010,pp 129-132 “
- Uniaxial Cyclic Stretch Increases Glucose Uptake into C2C12 Myotubes through a Signaling Pathway Independent of Insulin-like Growth Factor I M Iwata, S Suzuki, K Hayakawa, T. Inoue , K. Naruse Hormone and metabolic research 2009, vol. 41, pp. 16-22
- Characterization of contraction-inducible CXC chemokines and their roles in C2C12 myocytes Taku Nedachi, Hiroyasu Hatakeyama, Tatsuyoshi Kono, Masaaki Sato, and Makoto Kanzaki Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297: E866–E878, 2009.
- The TRPV4 Cation Channel Mediates Stretch-evoked Ca2 Influx and ATP Release in Primary Urothelial Cell Cultures “Tsutomu Mochizuki, Takaaki Sokabe, Isao Araki, Kayoko Fujishita , Koji Shibasaki, Kunitoshi Uchida, Keiji Naruse, Schuichi Koizumi , Masayuki Takeda, and Makoto Tominaga” The Journal of Biological Chemistry Vol. 284, No. 32, pp. 21257–21264, August 7, 2009
- Mechanical stretch stimulates integrin αVβ3-mediated collagen expression in human anterior cruciate ligament cells Tomonori Tetsunaga,Takayuki Furumatsu,Nobuhiro Ave,Keiichiro Nishida,Keiji Naruse,Toshifumi Ozaki Journal of Biomechanics Volume 42, Issue 13 , Pages 2097-2103, 18 September 2009
- Effects of relaxin on collagen type I released by stretched human periodontal ligament cells M Takano, M Yamaguchi, R Nakajima, S Fujita, T Kojima, K Kasai “Orthodontics & Craniofacial Research Volume 12, Issue 4, pages 282–288, November 2009”
- Regulation of endothelin-1-induced interleukin-6 production by Ca2+ influx in human airway smooth muscle cells Susumu Iwata, Satoru Ito, Mai Iwaki, Masashi Kondo, Toyokazu Sashio, Naoya Takeda, Masahiro Sokabe, Yoshinori Hasegawa and Hiroaki Kume “European Journal of Pharmacology Volume 605, Issues 1-3, 1 March 2009, Pages 15-22 “
- Mechanical stretch enhances IL-8 production in pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells Mai Iwaki, Satoru Ito, Masataka Morioka, Susumu Iwata, Yasushi Numaguchi, Masakazu Ishii, Masashi Kondo, Hiroaki Kume, Keiji Naruse, Masahiro Sokabe, and Yoshinori Hasegaw “Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 389, Issue 3, 20 November 2009, Pages 531-536”
- Effects of Three-Dimensional Culture and Cyclic Stretch Stimulation on Expression of Contractile Proteins in Freshly Isolated Rat Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells. Kazuaki Nagayama, Naoki Morishima, and Takeo Matsumoto Journal of Biomechanical Science and Engineering Vol.4,No.2 2009
- Passage-affected competitive regulation of osteoprotegerin synthesis and the receptor activator of nuclear factor-κB ligand mRNA expression in normal human osteoblasts stimulated by the application of cyclic tensile strain Akinori Kusumi, Tomomi Kusumi, Jun Miura and Tomonori Tateishi “Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism November 2009, Volume 27, Issue 6, pp 653-662 “
- The involvement of aldosterone in cyclic stretch-mediated activation of NADPH oxidase in vascular smooth muscle cells Cyclic stretch and aldosterone Takahiro Ohmine, Yoshikazu Miwa, Fumi Takahashi-Yanaga, Sachio Morimoto, Yoshihiko Maehara and Toshiyuki Sasaguri ” Hypertension Research 2009 32, 690–699″
- “Early postoperative oral intake accelerates upper gastrointestinal anastomotic healing in the rat model” Tadano Sosuke, Terashima Hideo, Fukuzawa Junya, Matsuo Ryota, Ikeda Osamu, Ohkohchi Nobuhiro Journal of surgical research, 169(2): 202-208 2009
- A novel Ca2+ influx pathway activated by mechanical stretch in human airway smooth muscle cells. Ito S, Kume H, Naruse K, Kondo M, Takeda N, Iwata S, Hasegawa Y, Sokabe M. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008 Apr;38(4):407-13.
- Analysis of cyclic-stretching responses using cell-adhesion-patterned cells. Katanosaka Y, Bao JH, Komatsu T, Suemori T, Yamada A, Mohri S, Naruse K. Journal of Biotechnology Volume 133, Issue 1, 1 January 2008, Pages 82–89
- Mechanical Strain Increases Expression of Type Xll Collagen in Murine Osteoblastics MC3T3-E1 Cells Katsuhiko Arai,Yuko Nagashima,Taeko Takemoto,and Toshio Nishiyama CELL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION 33:203-210(2008)
- Cyclic strain induces mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation into vascular smooth muscle cells by activating PDGF receptorbeta “Nobutaka Shimizu, Kimiko Yamamoto, Syotaro Obi, Shinichiro Kumagaya, Tomomi Masumura, Yasumasa Shimano, Keiji Naruse, Jun K. Yamashita, Takashi Igarashi, and Joji Ando” Journal of Applied Physiology March 2008vol 104: 766–772
- Effects of tensile and compressive strains on response of a chondrocytic cell line embedded in type I collagen gel Yuji Hirano a, Naoki Ishiguro a, Masahiro Sokabe b,c, Masaharu Takigawa d, Keiji Naruse e Journal of Biotechnology Volume 133, Issue 2, 20 January 2008, Pages 245–252
- Mechanotransduction in an extracted cell model: Fyn drives stretch- and flow-elicited PECAM-1 phosphorylation. Chiu YJ, McBeath E, Fujiwara K. J Cell Biol. 2008 Aug 25;182(4):753-63.
- Mechanical forces facilitate actin polymerization at focal adhesions in zyxin-dependent manner Hirata H, Tatsumi H, Sokabe M. J Cell Sci. 2008 Sep 1;121(Pt 17):2795-804.
- Regulation of Cyclic Longitudinal Mechanical Stretch on Proliferation of Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells Guanbin Song, Yang Ju, Hitoshi Soyama, Toshiro Ohashi and Masaaki Sato MCB, Vol.090, No.1, pp.1-10, 2008
- Cyclic strain induces mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation into vascular smooth muscle cells by activating PDGF receptor β “Nobutaka Shimizu, Kimiko Yamamoto, Syotaro Obi, Shinichiro Kumagaya, Tomomi Masumura, Yasumasa Shimano, Keiji Naruse, Jun K. Yamashita, Takashi Igarashi,2and Joji Ando” Journal of Applied Physiology March 2008 Vol. 104 No. 3 766-772
- Application of elastic salmon collagen gel to uniaxial stretching culture of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Toshiyuki Kanayamaa, Nobuhiro Nagai,Kazuo Moric and Masanobu Munekata Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering Volume 105, Issue 5, May 2008, Pages 554-557
- Loading of Mechanical Stress to Osteoblasts May Induce Cytokine Cross Talks between Osteoblasts and Monocytes/Macrophages in a JNK/p38-dependent Manner Matsui Ｈ,Fukuno N,Sasaki K,Suzuki O,Kobayashi T,Tamura S Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science, 2008. MHS 2008. International Symposium on 6-9 Nov. 2008 pages 379-380
- Cyclic strain induces ES cell differentiation into vascular smooth muscle cells via PDGF receptor Ã activation Yamamoto K, Shimizu N, Obi S, Ando J “Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science, 2008. MHS 2008. International Symposium on 6-9 Nov.2008 pages 481-486 “
- Involvement of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Synergistic Effect of Cyclic Stretching and Eicosapentaenoic Acid on Adipocyte Differentiation Yoshiyuki Tanabe, Yumi Matsunaga, Maki Saito, and Koichi Nakayama Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 106, 478 – 484 2008
- Role of mechanical-stress inducible protein Hcs24/CTGF/CCN2 in cartilage growth and regeneration: Mechanical stress induces expression of Hcs24/CTGF/CCN2 in a human chondrocytic cell line HCS-2/8, rabbit costal chondrocytes and meniscus tissue cells Takashi Nishida, Azusa Maeda, Satoshi Kubota, Masaharu Takigawa Biorheology Volume 45, Number 3-4 / 2008 pages289-299
- Remodeling of Endothelial Cell Nucleus Exposed to Three Different Mechanical Stimuli Toshiro OHASHI,Kazuhiko HANAMURA,Daisaku AZUMA,Naoya SAKAMOTO and Masaaki SATO Journal of Biomechanical Science and Engineering Vol.3,No.2,2008
- The infl uence of serial passage on cyclic tensile strain-induced osteoprotegerin synthesis from normal human osteoblasts in vitro “Akinori Kusumi,Hirotaka Sakaki1,Tomomi Kusumi,Hiroshi Nakagawa, Kosei Kubota,Mitsuo Oda,Hisashi Satoh and Hiroto Kimura” Hirosaki Med．J. 59（Suppl.）：S172―S187，2007
- Uniaxial Cyclic Stretch-Stimulated Glucose Transport Is Mediated by a Ca 2+ -Dependent Mechanism in Cultured Skeletal Muscle Cells Masahiro Iwata,Kimihide Hayakawa,Taro Murakami,Keiji Naruse,Keisuke Kawakami,Masumi Inoue-Miyazu, Louis Yuge,Shigeyuki Suzuki Pathobiology 2007;74:159–168
- Novel Mechanisms of Valsartan on the Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction Through Inhibition on the Antiadhesion Molecule Periostin Iekushi K, Taniyama Y, Azuma J, Katsuragi N, Dosaka N, Sanada F, Koibuchi N, Nagao K, Ogihara T, Morishita R. Hypertension. 2007 Jun;49(6):1409-14.
- Rac1 activity is required for cardiac myocyte alignment in response to mechanical stress Yamane M, Matsuda T, Ito T, Fujio Y, Takahashi K, Azuma J. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. Volume 353, Issue 4, 23 February 2007, Pages 1023–1027
- Down-regulation of ERK but not MEK phosphorylation in cultured endothelial cells by repeated changes in cyclic stretch Shi F, Chiu YJ, Cho Y, Bullard TA, Sokabe M, Fujiwara K. Cardiovascular Research 73 (2007) 813–822
- Uniaxial cyclic stretch-stimulated glucose transport is mediated by a ca-dependent mechanism in cultured skeletal muscle cells. Iwata M, Hayakawa K, Murakami T, Naruse K, Kawakami K, Inoue-Miyazu M, Yuge L, Suzuki S. Pathobiology. 2007;74(3):159-68
- The Magnitude and Duration of Cyclic Stretch Affect JNK and p38 Activation in MC3T3-E1 Pre-Osteoblastic Cells Matsui H, Fukuno N, Sasaki K, Suzuki O, Kobayashi T,Tamura S Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science, 2007.11-14 Nov. 2007
- Upregulation of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and its activator MMP-3 of human osteoblast by uniaxial cyclic stimulation Kan Sasaki, Michiaki Takagi, Yrjö T. Konttinen, Akiko Sasaki, Yasunobu Tamaki, Toshihiko Ogino, Seppo Santavirta, Jari Salo “Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Volume 80B, Issue 2, pages 491–498, February 2007 “
- N-cadherin signals through Rac1 determine the localization of connexin 43 in cardiac myocytes Matsuda T, Fujio Y, Nariai T, Ito T, Yamane M, Takatani T, Takahashi K, Azuma J. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology Volume 40, Issue 4, April 2006, Pages 495–502
- Bi-phasic activation of eNOS in response to uni-axial cyclic stretch is mediated by differential mechanisms in BAECs. Takeda H, Komori K, Nishikimi N, Nimura Y, Sokabe M, Naruse K. “Life Sciences Volume 79, Issue 3, 13 June 2006, Pages 233–239 “
- Roles of stretch-activated cation channel and Rho-kinase in the spontaneous contraction of airway smooth muscle. Ito S, Kume H, Oguma T, Ito Y, Kondo M, Shimokata K, Suki B, Naruse K. European Journal of Pharmacology Volume 552, Issues 1–3, 15 December 2006, Pages 135–142
- Involvement of STAT3 in Bladder Smooth Muscle Hypertrophy Following Bladder Outlet Obstruction “Osamu Fujitaa, Masato Asanumab, Teruhiko Yokoyamaa＊, Ikuko Miyazakib, Norio Ogawab, and Hiromi Kumona” “Acta Med. Okayama, 2006 Vol. 60, No. 6, pp. 299ﾝ309”
- The Effect of Cyclic Uniaxial Stretch on E-Selectin Expression in HUVEC Cells Klaudiusz Suchodolski, M.D., Claudia T. Mierke, Ph.D., Monika Hedwig-Geissing, Ph.D., Jürgen Schüttler, M.D., Wolfgang H. Goldmann, Ph.D. American Society of Anesthesiologists, October 15, 2006
- Mechanotransduction by integrin is essential for IL-6 secretion from endothelial cells in response to uniaxial continuous stretch. Sasamoto A, Nagino M, Kobayashi S, Naruse K, Nimura Y, Sokabe M. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005 May;Vol.288,C1012-22.
- Fabrication of reconfigurable protein matrices by cracking Xiaoyue Zhu,Kristen L.Mills,Portia R.Peters,Joong Hwan Bahng,Elizabeth Ho Liu,Jeongsup Shim,Keiji Naruse,Marie E.Csete,M.D.Thouless,and Shuichi Takayama Nature Materials 4, 403 – 406 (2005)
- Uni-axial stretching regulates intracellular localization of Hic-5 expressed in smooth-muscle cells in vivo Kim-Kaneyama JR, Suzuki W, Ichikawa K, Ohki T, Kohno Y, Sata M, Nose K, Shibanuma M. Life Sciences Volume 76, Issue 24, 29 April 2005, Pages 2817–2825
- Stretch-induced cell proliferation is mediated by FAK-MAPK pathway. Wang JG, Miyazu M, Xiang P, Li SN, Sokabe M, Naruse K. Life Sci. 2005 Apr 29;76(24):2817-25
- Involvement of reactive oxygen species in cyclic stretch-induced NF-kappaB activation in human fibroblast cells. Amma H, Naruse K, Ishiguro N, Sokabe M. Br J Pharmacol. 2005 Jun;145(3):364-73
- Characteristics of subepithelial fibroblasts as a mechano-sensor in the intestine:cell-shape-dependent ATP release and P2Y1signaling. Furuya K, Sokabe M, Furuya S. J Cell Sci. 2005 Aug 1;118(Pt 15):3289-304.
- N-cadherin-mediated cell adhesion determines the plasticity for cell alignment in response to mechanical stretch in cultured cardiomyocytes Matsuda T, Takahashi K, Nariai T, Ito T, Takatani T, Fujio Y, Azuma J. Biochem Biophys Res Commum Volume 326, Issue 1, 31 December 2004, Pages 228–232
- Uni-axial cyclic stretch induces Cbfa1 expression in spinal ligament cells derived from patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament. Iwasaki K, Furukawa KI, Tanno M, Kusumi T, Ueyama K, Tanaka M, Kudo H, Toh S, Harata S, Motomura S. Calcified Tissue International May 2004, Volume 74, Issue 5, pp 448-457
- Mechanical Stretching In Vitro Regulates Signal Transduction Pathways and Cellular Proliferation in Human Epidermal Keratinocytes Shoichiro Yano, Mayumi Komine, Manabu Fujimoto, Hitoshi Okochi, and Kunihiko Tamaki Journal of Investigative Dermatology (2004) 122, Pages 783–790
- Calcium regulates the PI3K-Akt pathway in stretched osteoblasts. Danciu TE, Adam RM, Naruse K, Freeman MR, Hauschka PV. FEBS Volume 536, Issues 1–3, 11 February 2003, Pages 193–197
- A novel mechanism of myocyte degeneration involvingthe Ca2-permeable growth factor–regulated channel Iwata Y, Katanosaka Y, Arai Y, Komamura K, Miyatake K, Shigekawa M. J Cell Biol. 2003 Jun 9;161(5):957-67
- Stretch-inducedIL-6secretion from endothelialcells requires NF-κB activation Kobayashi S, Nagino M, Komatsu S, Naruse K, Nimura Y, Nakanishi M, Sokabe M. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. Volume 308, Issue 2, 22 August 2003, Pages 306–312
- Bone-regenerative Profiles of Bone Growth Factors and Matrix Protein Expression in Mechanically Strained Human Osteoblast-like Cells Examined by RT-PCR T. KANNO, T. TSUJISAWA, W. ARIYOSHI, M. IWAMURA, T. KOSEKI, T. TAKAHASHI, and T. NISHIHARA Back to the 81st General Session of the International Association for Dental Research (June 25-28, 2003)
- Uni-axial cyclic stretch induces the activation of transcription factor nuclear factor kappaB in human fibroblast cells. Inoh H, Ishiguro N, Sawazaki S, Amma H, Miyazu M, Iwata H, Sokabe M, Naruse K. The FASEB Journal vol. 16 no. 3 405-407 March 2002
- Uniaxial cyclic stretch induces focal adhesion kinase (FAK) tyrosine phosphorylation followed by mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activation. Wang JG, Miyazu M, Matsushita E, Sokabe M, Naruse K. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. Volume 288, Issue 2, 26 October 2001, Pages 356–361
- SA channel mediates superoxide production in HUVECs. Aikawa K, Nishikimi N, Sakurai T, Nimura Y, Sokabe M, Naruse K. Life Sciences Volume 69, Issue 15, 31 August 2001, Pages 1717–1724
- Protamine augments stretch induced calcium increase in vascular endothelium. Murase K, Naruse K, Kimura A, Okumura K, Hayakawa T, Sokabe M. British Journal of Pharmacology Volume 134, Issue 7, pages 1403–1410, December 2001
- Stretch-induced morphological changes of human endothelial cells depend on the intracellular level of Ca2+ rather than of cAMP. Yamada T, Naruse K, Sokabe M Life Sciences. Volume Volume 67, Issue 21, 13 October 2000, Pages 2605–2613
- Molecular identification of a eukaryotic, stretch-activated nonselective cation channel. Kanzaki M, Nagasawa M, Kojima I, Sato C, Naruse K, Sokabe M, Iida H. “science,285:882-886 1999 “
- Orientation Change of Cardiocytes Induced by Cyclic Stretch Stimulation:Time Dependency and Involvement of Protein Kinases Kenji Kada, Kenji Yasui, Keiji Naruse1, Kaichiro Kamiya, Itsuo Kodama and Junji Toyama J Mol Cell Cardiol Volume 31, Issue 1, January 1999, Pages 247–259
- Activation of pp60src is critical for stretch-induced orienting response in fibroblasts. Sai X, Naruse K, Sokabe M. Journal of Cell Science 112, 1365-1373 1999
- Molecular Identification of a Eukaryotic, Stretch-Activated Nonselective Cation Channel Kanzaki M, Nagasawa M, Kojima I, Sato C, Naruse K, Sokabe M, Iida H. Science 6 August 1999:Vol. 285 no. 5429 pp. 882-886
- Involvement of SA channels in orienting response of cultured endothelial cells to cyclic stretch. Naruse K, Yamada T, Sokabe M. American Journal of Physiology – Heart and Circulatory PhysiologyPublished 1 May 1998Vol. 274no. H1532-H1538
- Pp125FAK is required for stretch dependent morphological response of endothelial cells Naruse K, Yamada T, Sai XR, Hamaguchi M, Sokabe M. Oncogene. 1998 Jul 30;17(4):455-63
- Up regulation of COX2 expression by uni-axial cyclic stretch in human lung fibroblast cells. Kato T, Ishiguro N, Iwata H, Kojima T, Ito T, Naruse K. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. Volume 244, Issue 3, 27 March 1998, Pages 615–619
- Uni-axial cyclic stretch induces c-src activation and translocation in human endothelial cells via SA channel activation Naruse K, Sai X, Yokoyama N, Sokabe M. FEBS Lett. Volume 441, Issue 1, 11 December 1998, Pages 111–115
- Up-regulation of integrin beta3 expression by cyclic stretch in human umbilical endothelial cells Suzuki M, Naruse K, Asano Y, Okamoto T, Nishikimi N, Sakurai T, Nimura Y, Sokabe M. Biochem Biophys Res Commun.Volume 239, Issue 2, 20 October 1997, Pages 372–376
- Mechanotransduction and intracellular signaling mechanisms of stretch-induced remodeling in endothelial cells Sokabe M, Naruse K, Sai S, Yamada T, Kawakami K, Inoue M, Murase K, Miyazu M Heart Vessels. 1997;Suppl 12:191-3.